After a violent car wreck nearly took her life 9 1/2 years ago:
- Her heart stopped beating for two minutes and 43 seconds.
- It took emergency crews 2 1/2 hours to free her from her crushed 1989 Jeep Cherokee.
- She was unconscious for 15 days, then placed in a medically induced coma for 13 more days.
- She underwent 44 surgeries to rebuild her shattered face and body.
- She spent 1 1/2 years confined to a wheelchair before she was able to walk again.
- She had 49.5 pounds of metal implanted into her body to repair the extensive damage.
Another important number:
In the hours immediately following her rescue, she received five units of life-saving donated blood.
Danielle is now a University of Oregon student studying special education.
“For those five people that saved my life with blood and platelets,” Danielle told donors at a recent gathering, “I would like to thank each one of you for saving my life and for saving somebody just like me — someone that has dreams, has a future, has a life because of you.”