- Schedule your blood drive at least 3 months in advance.
- A blood drive can be scheduled for a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 8.
- Appointment times are scheduled in order to keep a smooth flow of donors. Seven to ten donors per hour can be accommodated.
- An appointment sheet and promotional materials will be sent out one month prior to your blood drive.
- To schedule your blood drive call Chelsie Wong at (541) 484-9111.
PRIOR TO YOUR BLOOD DRIVE:
- A site inspection will be required if:
- Your group is hosting its first blood drive, or
- We have not held a blood drive at your site during the past two years.
- A blood bank representative will contact you to schedule a convenient time to meet at your site. Allow approximately 30 minutes for the meeting.
- The blood bank representative will need to see the bloodmobile parking site, the location for the registration and refreshment area, and to check the access to your building.
BLOODMOBILE SITE REQUIREMENTS:
- Easy access to the parking area for the bloodmobile (no tight corners, narrow alleys, etc).
- Level parking space near your building, but away from doors and windows as the vehicle is powered by a (noisy) diesel generator.
- Area that will accommodate the vehicle which is 33′ long and 12′ high.
- Registration and refreshments area
- A quiet indoor area as close as possible to where the bloodmobile is parked. This room needs adequate lighting and air flow.
- Three tables (one for the registrar, one for donors filling out paperwork and one for refreshments).
- 6 chairs
- An electrical outlet for the computer close to the registration table.
- Nearby restroom
After giving blood, donors will be asked to relax for 10-15 minutes and have a snack.
- LBC will bring juice, water and salty snacks
- Please provide at least one of the following: cheese & crackers, fruit, cookies, bagels, small sandwiches, etc.
THE DAY OF YOUR BLOOD DRIVE:
- The bloodmobile will arrive 30 minutes prior to your first appointment (45 minutes if it is your first blood drive).
- Arrange for a representative to meet our staff to verify location and answer any questions.
- Arrange for a representative to attend the event the entire time if possible.
- Donors should be prepared to spend an hour for their appointment. Click Donate Blood for detailed donation information.
- Common reasons for deferral can be found by clicking Eligibility.
Please remind all donors to bring photo I.D. and have a protein meal within 4 hours of blood donation.
Call Lane Blood Center at (541) 484-9111 or email questions to [email protected].